For the past 30 years, Codra has specialised in the development and distribution of real-time software products (SCADA and industrial information systems) and associated services to the industrial market under the brand name of Panorama Suite SCADA. With more than 40,000 licenses installed and a large client base ranging in size from Blue Chip organisations through to SMEs, Panorama is well established especially in the areas of nuclear, electricity, water treatment, transport (road and rail) and building management. Over the past 10 years, Panorama has been successfully introduced to the UK and other international markets. In 2007, Codra re-organised its international operation to be based in the UK, which has contributed in the success of winning further significant accounts and contracts here in the UK. In order to continue to support this success an opportunity exists for the right person to join our dynamic successful operation.
The company requires an International Product Support Engineer / Trainer to help our expanding customer base in the UK and overseas. The role comprises:
- Reporting to the Technical Operations Manager based in the UK.
- Providing Pre and Post Sales Technical Support and Product Training to our customers.
- Provide office based and on-site technical problem solving with and for our customers.
- Provide pre-sales technical support to the International sales team.
- Assist technically with pre-sales demonstrations.
- Interface directly with the technical teams in France.
- Check technical translations to English for the company’s websites and technical documentation.
- Maintain the company’s information and reporting systems.
- Provide written reports to customers and to management.
- Attending meetings with other team members in the UK and in Paris.
- To take an active role in achieving the company’s targets and its future success.
The ideal candidate will be:
- Having a software or engineering degree or equivalent, plus 5 to 10 years or more experience in a technical support environment or similar customer facing role.
- Understand the world of real-time SCADA systems and PLCs.
- Have knowledge of Visual Basic programming; an ability to understand C# and .net would also be of interest especially object oriented Language such as C++, .Net, C# and Object oriented technology on most common MS Windows platforms. Remote Desktop Services and Virtual Machine environment.
- Automation skills PLCs programing on Schneider and Siemens and other brands. etc…
- Knowledge of MS SQL Server and possibly other base bases solutions.
- Have an understanding of Microsoft Windows operating systems, Virtual environment, SQL Server and networking.
- Have an understanding of real-time communication layers such as OPC/UA, Modbus IP, Bacnet, IEC 61850, DMP3, LON between hardware and software sub-systems.
- Must be able to work as part of a close-knit team as well as autonomously.
- Must be able to communicate to all levels in a company in good English, verbally as well as written.
- Must have a dynamic and flexible approach to working for the company. Help customers troubleshoot SCADA monitoring equipment over the phone and via Email and if necessary onsite. Work with our Business Development team to setup new devices
- Prepare Proof of concept to demonstrate the product and act as a pre-sales engineer for the sales team. Manage expectations by keeping customers well apprised of request statuses and expected delivery times. Accurately document tickets, enhancements, bugs, and other customer facing issues. Engage with other teams as needed to meet customers’ goals
- Must have a flexible approach to working on a client’s site both here in the UK and to travelling overseas.
- Must be able to take responsibility for a situation and be able to see it through to completion.
- A sales experience or sales skill is a plus as the relation with system integrators and end users is daily based.
- An ability to speak and understand written French will be an advantage.
The successful candidate will command a salary based in line with his / her age, experience and skills. The salary is comprised of a base salary plus a bonus awarded for training and consultancy on-site at a client’s premises.
In addition, the company offers 4 weeks paid holiday, rising by 1 day per year service to a maximum of 5 weeks holiday.