For the past 30 years, Codra has specialised in the development and distribution of real-time software products (SCADA and industrial information systems) and associated services to the industrial market under the brand name of Panorama Suite SCADA. With more than 40,000 licenses installed and a large client base ranging in size from Blue Chip organisations through to SMEs, Panorama is well established especially in the areas of nuclear, electricity, water treatment, transport (road and rail) and building management. Over the past 10 years, Panorama has been successfully introduced to the UK and other international markets. In 2007, Codra re-organised its international operation to be based in the UK, which has contributed in the success of winning further significant accounts and contracts here in the UK. In order to continue to support this success an opportunity exists for the right person to join our dynamic successful operation.
Main activities and responsibilities:
Technical Support, Consultancy and Pre-Sales
- Ability to help Customers troubleshoot and diagnose Application and/or Product issues in a timely manner
- Ability to communicate technical issues or concepts to a wide audience of technical understanding
- Ensure the resolution of technical problems to the customer’s satisfaction
- Update Customer Support tickets accurately and help maintain an internal Technical Knowledgebase
- Provide onsite Consultancy and complete professional written reports to customers (as required)
- Provide Pre-Sales technical support to the international sales team (as required)
- Assist technically with pre-sales demonstrations (as required)
- Provide Product Training (either remotely or onsite) to our customers
- Help maintain Product Training documentation so it is up-to-date and accurate
The ideal candidate will be:
- Having a software or engineering degree or equivalent, plus 5 to 10 years or more experience in an application support environment.
- Understand the world of real-time SCADA systems and enterprise IT platforms.
- Experience of Visual Basic scripting ; an ability to understand C# and .net would also be of interest especially an object oriented language
- Experience of MS SQL Server or other Database platforms.
- Have an understanding of Microsoft Windows Operating Systems, Virtual Environments and Networking.
- Have an understanding of one or two real-time communication layers such as OPC/UA, Modbus IP, Bacnet, IEC 61850, DMP3, LON between hardware and software sub-systems.
- Must be able to work as part of a small team as well as autonomously.
- Must be able to communicate to all levels in the company in good English, verbally as well as written.
- Must have a dynamic and flexible approach to working for the company.
- Must have a flexible approach to working on a client’s site both here in the UK and to travelling overseas
- Must be able to take responsibility for a situation and be able to see it through to completion
- Must have good inter-personal skills as your will be interacting with Customers on a daily basis.
- An ability to speak and understand written French will be an advantage.
The successful candidate will command a salary based in line with his / her age, experience and skills.
The salary is comprised of a base salary plus a bonus.